SEARCH ENGINE MARKETING (SEM)
Is a form of digital marketing responsible for gaining and increasing website traffic via purchasing ads on search engines.
How can you benefit from SEM?
- Promotion of websites by increasing their visibility in top search engine results pages (SERPs) foremost through paid advertising.
- It is the promotion of websites by priority, and it promotes the spread of its presence in the search engines (results), which is one of the most important marketing channels through the Internet that is seeking to improve and increase the appearance of the site to be marketed in the search engine results page.
- The emergence of website pages in the first options or the first page of search engine results means more new visitors and therefore more profits, whether revenue from ads website or the site is a shop on the Web.
- The search engine marketing through several methods, including Pay Per Click (PPC) and pay for appearing Cost Per Click (CPC), and adopt this strategy paid to appear Paid or Sponsored Listings.
- It is a declaration of a text appears on the search results pages On the side of the page.
These are some of the most common terms which refer to SEM activities?
- PPC (pay-per-click): Some ads served to mobile search users, in particular, may be charged by the number of clicks which resulted in a direct call from smartphone.
- Paid search ad or advertising.
- CPC (cost-per-click): You pay for every single click.
- CPM (cost-per-thousand-impressions): Most search ads are sold on a CPC / PPC basis, only some advertising choices may be sold on a CPM basis.